Saturday, December 11, 2010

I Couldn't Take it Anymore


So if you know me, you are well aware of a few things:
1. I'm a terrible liar - I don't like to do it, I'm bad at it, and I don't like when others lie
2. Sometimes I get over excited which leads to how I...
3. Can't keep fun secrets

This means Christmas is always a very hard time for me. The joy of giving someone a gift makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside and I want that feeling, well, as soon and as often as possible. That's why when Seth braved the blizzard and made it down to Des Moines this weekend, I couldn't take it anymore.

I had bought his gift on Black Friday and stocked it up until I wrapped it this week. There it was. Waiting in the corner to be opened. I swear Seth only shaves when he visits me so when I catch him off guard and he still has to shave - I jump on it. He presented the perfect opportunity to use that gift of his within the first five minutes. I begged him to open his present. And kept begging and begging. He did reluctantly, just to shut me up. I had tricked him and put the surprised gift in an even bigger box so he would have no idea what I got him. Here it goes....!!!!


He likes it!

I know it is only December 11th, but I am never any good at waiting for things. He still has yet to buy my Birthday and Christmas gift. Now I have set the bar for the both of those events :)

In other news, not a ton has been going on here. I invested in a Verilux Happy Light 6000 to try and for-go my seasonal blues. Who doesn't get a little down when you have about 9 hours of daylight each day and are inside for ALL of it?

Well, let me tell you, this puppy works! I could skip around my office all day after a few hours in front of my happy light. I should move it closer so I can get a face tan while I'm at it... You do have to sit in front of it for at least two hours a day.

I also ordered my first batch of Pampered Chef items since I am now a real cook. Soon I will have three paring knives, an apple corer and a meat/potato smasher! Thanks for the great party, Krystal!

Seth and I were also able to successfully run the Living History Farms race a few weeks ago. No dressing up this year, but next year for sure!


I have no plans for my 24th Birthday next Saturday yet but hopefully I can stay up past 10:00 pm with this geri body.

Hopefully everyone's Christmas shopping is going well. I've been doing a lot of shopping online. Great way to avoid the crowds and lines. The plans for the rest of today involve doing some baking and hopefully dragging Seth to Love and Other Drugs. I hear it's a good one!

Stay warm out there and DRIVE SAFE if you have to go out. It sure would be a nice time to have a CR-V... :)

1 comment:

  1. 1) Glad you enjoyed the party. You will get a surprise tomorrow! :)

    2) Come to the Howliday Ball Saturday night to celebrate your birthday!!

    ReplyDelete