Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cookie Monster


I did it! My first attempt at "Thier Family Cookies" was a complete success! But holy cow the recipe never mentioned that it yields 1,000 cookies. Looks like I'll have to freeze some and save for later...

With an open Sunday and me trying to delay starting anything to have to deal with work, I decided to pick up trying something new. Sarah provided this excellent recipe to her bridesmaids during the rehearsal dinner and it has been sitting in my room since. So after a 3 mile run on the treadmill, I thought I was in the clear for a few extra calories. I ran to the store to pick up a few extra ingredients I didn't have laying around the house. This batch of cookies cost about $24! I was excited to use the new mixer Mom got for me a few months earlier too. In the recipe of Thier Chocolate Chip Cookies:
-1 lb butter or margarine (4 sticks) oye!!
-2 C dark brown sugar
-1 1/2 C white sugar
-2 tsp Vanilla
-3 eggs
-6 C Flour
-1 1/2 tsp Salt
-1 1/2 tsp Soda
-4 Cups Chocolate chips (2 bags)
-3 dashes of cinnamon (optional)

Cream butter and sugars (I had to call Sarah for this part since I didn't fully know how to cream these ingredients. She mentioned I needed to warm the butter up for 20 seconds first before mixing... whoops). Add eggs and vanilla and beat 3-4 minutes. Add all dry ingredients until mixed. Add dashes of cinnamon and chocolate chips. Mix well. Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before taking off pan. Secret: Do not over bake!

After wads of cookie dough and 3 cute little perfectly baked delicious cookies, I feel ill. Last night I went to Wellman's with Bobbie Jo and a few of her friends (which was lame) and didn't go to sleep until 3:30am. I'm feelin a nap! Seth is here, determined to watch more James Bond movies. The 4 he watched last night with Martha and Jill were not enough... haha.

I've also been tossing the idea around of getting a new ipod. Seth teases me that whenever I get something new I have to blog about it... so.? :) But the ipod I have now has been dying within minutes of when I start my runs. I bought it refurbished 4 years ago on ebay and it's finally pooping out on me. I also want one of those Nike fit things that help me track mileages of my runs. I couldn't decide between an ipod touch-screen and a nano but I think I want to go with the nano. The only thing is... that's a lot of money to fork out! I always debate with myself if I can afford it or not...

Ok, time to clean the place up and start thinking about the work week again... ew. I should be thinking about what to make for supper but that is the last thing I want to worry about now. In the meantime... MMMMMM COOKIESSS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment