Wednesday, July 7, 2010

New Running Shoes Make Life Better


Last week, I convinced myself and indulged in a new pair of running shoes. It's been a good year since I allowed myself to buy a decent pair of new shoes. The $50 ones at Kohls did NOT count. You get what you pay for. There is something incredibly motivating about having new shoes. Although hesitant to get them dirty, I know hitting the road is much easier and I am easily persuaded to go farther. That actually goes with any new running clothes that I buy... which explains why most of the new clothes I get are workout clothes. Tonight Seth and I ran for a solid 20 minutes non-stop. We started directly at the independent living center next to me and ran to the skateboard park (our normal turn-around spot) and continued again until 86th street. It felt great! Actually, it was so humid and I was sweating so hard I couldn't see through the sweat in my eyes. The new shoes gave me wings though. I really want to get into the habit of exercising in the morning but I am SO not a morning person. This morning I woke up at 7:15 and practically had to get drug out of bed. I am so grumpy in the morning up until I have my coffee finished by 10:00am. I need to start my IV of coffee at 5 in the morning... Going for a run right in the morning before work would give me tons of extra free time in the afternoon to do other things I wanted. Making one goal at a time...
Off to bed! I'm going to read a little more of my book "Loose Girl" about a promiscuous girl who finds true love in herself. On the agenda for tomorrow... handing out more Active with Asthma materials to Parks and Recs around the area and continuing (starting) my work with the Asthma Educator Course. That thing is a MONSTER! I avoid it at all costs but now it is getting down to crunch time. I also need to confirm a speaker for next week's BBC. AHHHH! Ok no more thinking about work. Only think about work when I'm there or I start to panic.

No comments:

Post a Comment