This summer I've managed to make it back to my home town of Dyersville a few times. There's something about hometown friends, family and all the green space on the farm that can't be beat. The second week of June I made it back for a friend's wedding. Here's a group of us doing shots... not my regular choice of alcoholic beverage, but it was a fun wedding nonetheless.
The other new and fun adventures back home are Troy's chickens. I was shocked when he brought this one-"Rooser" was his name right up to the front door. Rooster follows Troy around and it's pretty adorable.
| Troy and Rooster |
We also have hens from the Amish that produce some good looking eggs. Troy is out there about 10 times a day checking on the chickens and pulling out the eggs that appear to be "stuck". What a helper.
This past weekend the family kind of came to me! Instead of a vacation to Montana, we spent the weekend camping at Ledges State Park near Boone. Our first celebration once we all arrived was to congratulate Sarah on being debt free!!!!!!! I am so very, very proud of my big sister. I don't recall the final amount but it was around $30,000 she paid off in about 2 years (with a wedding in there, too!) using Dave Ramsey's envelope system and budgeting advice. That is awesome!| Mom and her tie-dyed honies! |
No comments:
Post a Comment