Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Weekend (well, Friday-Tuesday) Recap

In a nutshell, here's what went down:

Friday
Since Seth was out of town I headed to Gray's Lake with my good friend Kristen for the event "UnWined". Jasper Winery hosts the event with a different local band every time. The band was wonderful and we had a beautiful night while sipping on sangrias. We dined at Rock Bottom Brewery after UnWined was over. Lots of girl talk is my favorite.
Saturday
Saturday started off with a computer training class for the Y. I then snuck in an hour and a half workout while I was there. Once back home, I finally managed to clean and organize my spare bedroom and the rest of my apartment. The evening quickly approached and I found myself online looking at cats available for adoption... thank goodness Kristen saved me and invited me over for margaritas and to show off her new place. Another great night of conversation and friends.

Sunday
I was scheduled to work at the Y again on Sunday. I woke up late and was in serious need of some coffee, so I allowed myself to stop at Starbucks (whoops) before heading to work. A quick 4 hour shift and I was off to an 80 minute Zumba class. I hadn't attended a Zumba class at the Y since I started because it gets so crowded but this one was a complete blasty blast. I didn't even look at the time and the whole session flew. I really encourage you to try out a Zumba class if you have access to one. My favorite part was doing a legit dance to the song "Baby Got Back". You betchya.

Since I was home by 2:00pm and the sun finally came out, I decided to check out the pool at my place. There were no flailing children splashing so I laid out for an hour total (30 minutes on each side). Needless to say, my pasty body fried and I am a complete lobster. Whoops #2 for the day.

Seth came down to visit and we were both very hungry by 5:00pm so we snagged some Jason's Deli. Delicious all around. After groceries from Super Target we shared a small brownie batter blizzard... whoops? It was so worth it.

Monday
The work day was typical yesterday. I went on a hunt for bagged HEPA filter vacuum cleaners for the EPA grant I'm working on. The grant allows kids with asthma who are uninsured or under-insured a home and asthma environmental assessment and modification by partners we have. I scored 3 vacuums from Big Lots.

At the Y I assisted with the Trim Kids program again. Luckily the summer class is 8 weeks and we're on week 5 because I'm ready to have my Monday nights back. I taught a 10 minute session to the parents and kids on intuitive eating. It's good to practice my speaking on topics other than lungs. My workout was a quick 3 mile run around a nearby lake.

Tuesday
Today was not a good day for eating. We had a small party at work to celebrate the end of the fiscal year. It was over the lunch hour but all that was available was cupcakes and chips and salsa. Fail. Good news came from the state capital that hopefully they will pass 2.8 million for the Iowa Quitline and the community partnerships. That means, hopefully, that all the staff at the ALA can stay! Our CEO is also now letting everyone stay until at least July 15 even if their grant doesn't go all the way through until then. Good news and 4 out of 7 people are no longer laid off for now!

I attended the Bosu class again tonight then went for a 5 mile run with my running group. If you're not a runner, this is usually exactly what goes through a runner's mind. Whether you do 2 miles or 26.2 miles, the thoughts will probably be the same. Have a great night and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment