I headed home after the race for a quick much needed shower and Seth and I were off to the library. I wanted to pick up a book on tape for my trip to St. Paul next week and another book by a woman shown here. Have you seen this yet? You NEED to check it out! Yes, it is 18 minutes but worth every one of those minutes...
Seth and I then ventured out to find supplies to make our own homemade iced coffee. Yah, I'm hot all the time and since I very rarely drink pop anymore, I opt for the iced coffee route to stay chill. I read a couple blogs on how to make your own iced coffee and it challenged me to try it out too. A large pitcher, cheesecloth and a mesh sink strainer later we were off creating our own concoction. It took 8 hours to brew but tonight I had my first sample and HOLY. COW. I may never go back to Caribou again.... Ha!
The rest of the day was spent working at the Y and getting my groceries all organized for the week. This week I only spent $25 on groceries and it was all fruits, veggies and whole grains. I think part of the reason I had a good run today was what I've been putting in my body since last week. I told myself to cut down on the portion sizes and really start to follow the new Choose My Plate guidelines. I've felt really good and it validates the the fuel you put into your body does make a difference. Now I'm going to get caught up on some cleaning and reading while I sip away at my own cold brew. Have a great rest of your weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment