Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm Baaaaaack!!!

Well, hello there! Yes, yes it has been six months since I've graced you with my presence. It would be impossible for me to briefly update you on the last six months of my life. Here are just a few highlights:
  • I went to San Francisco! In February I went to visit my best friend who was doing a brief internship there. It rained most of the time but I am officially a big girl maneuvering the airport and city bus system by myself. Check out my FB page for a complete photo album.
  • I became the newest employee of the YMCA Healthy Living Center. I. LOVE. THIS. PLACE. http://www.ymcahealthylivingcenter.com/. I'm still in "training" since most of the classes happen during the day when I am working full time. So, my work so far consists of giving tours, managing memberships and folding lots and lots of towels. Oh yeah, and I get a free membership.
  • Through the YMCA I've also joined a running club. I've met some terrific people so far and our coach is just great. We run Tuesdays, Thursdays and have a long run on the weekend.
  • On May 13th, I moved into my own place again. The new 2 bedroom apartment is very spacious and it's great to just hang out. With the purchase of a new TV and a new computer that same week, it was quite an expensive month.
  • I completed my first Dam to Dam!!! This is the biggest accomplishment yet. 12.4 miles is tough! I was out of commission the whole week before the race with strep or something like it. Not to mention I sprained my foot. Slow and steady didn't win the race but it let me cross the finish line. Go me!

With my biggest goal of running Dam to Dam complete, it is on to other goals. I'm narrowing down my nutritional, physical, emotional, spiritual, and occupational goals and will post updates soon.

Other exciting upcoming things in the next few days:
  • June 16-Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!! 32 years and they've still got it. I love them.
  • June 18-I am officially 24.5 years old. Holy old balls.
  • June 19-Happy Father's Day to the man I most look up to-my Dad. So happy you raised me to be the way I am.
Stay tuned for more frequent updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment