Hey-o! I wanted to provide you with a few things that I've recently been in to. Here are my recent top five:
- The Bosu class at the YMCA. I do this on Tuesday nights before I run with the group and it's quite awesome! I never knew what to do with this thing before I took the class but the little half blue ball will whip your butt into shape. We actually do all of the exercises she demonstrates here.
- Getting out of debt. I'm trying really, really hard to be debt free by Christmas. I've done this by practically emptying out my savings to pay it off. I've also started practicing self-discipline (23 years in the making) and saying "no" to things I "need". Last week, I saw that Jillian had her new DVD on sale at Target and I stopped by after work specifically to get it. I held the DVD in my hand and knew I wouldn't use the DVD for the $9 I would put in it. I put it back and made a B Line out the door without looking back. Crisis averted.
- Wanting, wait, NEEDING to get a new kitty. Please?! Does it really make me the crazy cat lady if I live alone with two cats? I would get one from the humane society so it's spade and all shots are taken care of. I think Caribou would thank me in the long-run. Oh someone please give me permission!!!
- My new haircut! I took a good 5 inches off my hair last week. So far it isn't too bad and I haven't had big regrets yet. A little angling action in front and it still fits in a ponytail.

- Setting short-term goals. I'm making baby steps on becoming a better person. Here's what's on my list for the week:
- Nutritional: I will limit my meals to the appropriate portion sizes
- Physical: I will exercise on Wednesday and Thursday mornings at 6:00am and incorporate strength training to 2 days per week
- Spiritual: Talk to God at least twice per day
- Family: Call a family member at least once per week
- Work: Create project timelines for FY 12 and have them completed by the end of the week
- Emotional: Stop negative thoughts about myself as they creep up and turn it into something positive
What have you been digging lately?
Yes, I give you permission to adopt a cat! :)
ReplyDelete